Shape the Future of Connectivity
Explore Job Openings
Community Relations Coordinator
About this job:
Community Relations Coordinators help companies with public relations. They help write and select materials for community press releases and assist in preparing other public relations materials to assist community members in better understanding projects. The person for this position will have strong oral/written communication skills and not be afraid to speak publicly and engage with people in the community.
Community Relations Coordinators may perform the following tasks:
- Respond to requests for information from community members or organizations.
- Study the objectives and needs of Quintillion to assist in developing public relations strategies that will promote ideas, products, or services.
- Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with community members and community businesses and governmental entities.
- Assist in the preparation of publications for internal and external audiences, including project newsletters and social media.
- Confer with other Quintillion staff to identify trends and key interest groups or concerns and provide advice on community engagement.
- Arrange public appearances or activities to increase public awareness and promote goodwill campaigns.
Preparation and Training for this Position:
A high school diploma or GED is required. Most people employed in this field have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university typically in public relations, or communications.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
As part of this role, it is expected that there will be some technical reading and training required to empower the coordinator with knowledge of broad networking terms and concepts that may require some self-study.
Work at Quintillion
We are global connectivity pioneers dedicated to our mission of connecting Alaskans to each other and the rest of the world. Join the movement and shape the future with our talented team.
We are expert problem solvers. The obstacles we overcome today pave the path forward for a more progressive, connected future.
We’re passionate about driving economic growth in our Alaska community and work to enable people to access vital digital resources.
We value every team member for their unique contribution to our mission. Our close-knit team works together to drive innovation.
From Our Team
Quintillion is a small group of hard-working members that consistently punch above their weight. Dedicated. Focused on bringing communications capabilities to Alaskans in small remote areas to support education, health, and quality of life.
We have a small, fun team that gets to be involved in everything we do. We’re doing big things that matter to Alaska, the people and businesses we serve and to our country, at large. Doesn’t get much better than that!
We have a bold mission, we have a clear focus and we have determined, qualified, hard-working people who look out for one another.
Our pioneering team is at the core of what we do. We offer comprehensive benefits to support the health and well-being of our people.